Investing in Mutual Funds is the hot topic nowadays. Then again, a large part of Indian population shies away from mutual funds because they aren’t properly educated about the various aspects of Mutual Funds. For many of us, investment means the money we have in the bank. But now the number of investors in India have grown exponentially, and mutual fund is getting all the right attention. The flexibility and the low-risk investment of mutual funds make them a viable option for investors. Mutual funds are a collection of money from numerous investors channeled to a specific portfolio. So when you’re investing in a specific mutual fund, you are investing your money along with that of many other investors. The other trait that mutual funds carry is that you can start investing in mutual funds with less than Rs. 500/-. This has made investing in mutual funds an attractive option for young investors. Check out this link to know more about the bestMutual funds to invest under RS 500.
One must know that when you invest in a mutual fund, you won’t get the ownership of the individual secures rather you get a part of the share according to your investment amount. One can sell their shares whenever they want, and a team of professionals manages the whole process. That being said an investor must study the market trend before he invests in something. The entire idea of investment is to invest in mutual funds are to make a profit. So choosing the right option where there is a high chance of growth is crucial because if the commodities you invest in lose value, you will be a loss financially. Here is a list of best performing mutual funds in 2018 which comes under the large cap, diversified, mid cap, small cap and various other categories. The list has been prepared in reference with the CRISIL India ratings.
- SBI Bluechip Fund: ranked as one of the three best mutual funds by CRISIL, SBI Bluechip Fund has shown return values of 19% as of March 2017.
- Birla SL front line Equity Fund: another contender in the top three CRISIL ranking. Birla SL front line Equity fund has shown 18% returns in 5 years and 17% returns for three years as of March 2018.
- ICICI Prudential top 100 funds: this specific mutual fund shows low-risk investments with above average returns. Making a viable choice if you are planning on investing in 2017.
Other large cap funds to look out for are Kotak Select Focus Fund, Birla Sun Life Top 100 Fund, and DSP Black Rock Focus 25 Fund.
The following three mutual funds are ranked one as based on the CRISIL ranking under diversified funds as of March 2018.
- Birla Sun Life Equity Fund
- Birla Sun Life India Gennext Fund
- Principal Emerging Blue Chip Fund
Mid-cap and small-cap Equity
The following three mutual funds are ranked one as based on the CRISIL ranking under mid-cap and small-cap funds as of March 2018.
- Birla Sun Life Small And Mid-Cap Fund
- DSP Black Rock Micro-Cap Fund
- Mirae Asset Emerging Blue Chip Fund
Equity Linked Saving Scheme (ELSS)
The following three mutual funds are ranked one as based on the CRISIL ranking under ELSS funds as of March 2018.
- Birla Sun Life Tax Plan
- Kotak Tax Saver Scheme
- HDFC Long Term Advantage Fund